Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pumpkin Pie

You can have Pumpkin Pie anytime, not just Thanksgiving. Last week I read Kate Jacobs Knit The Season and Dakota was making Thanksgiving meal for everyone.  It was chilly that day so I made a pumpkin pie.

Here's my recipe:
1 whole egg
2 egg whites
1 3/4 c pumpkin or 1 small can of pumpkin (14 or 15 oz)
3/4 c sugar
1/2 t salt
1 t cinnamon
1/2 t ginger
1/4 t ground cloves
12 oz can evaporated milk (or you can use any kind of milk you have)
1 9 inch pie crust

Preheat oven to 425 F.
Combine filling ingredients in order given in large bowl. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 425F for 15 minutes.
Reduce oven to 350F.  Bake 45 minutes or until a knife placed in the center comes out clean.
Cool and enjoy with whipped cream!!

1 comment:

Anne in Oxfordshire said...

Pumpkin pie is very sweet I believe.. never tried it , but too sweet for me , but well done :-) yeah why just keep it for your thanks giving.