Thursday, November 17, 2011

BBQ Franks

This is an adaptation of a recipe that I grew up eating. It was one of my favorite things to have for dinner when I was a kid.  My mom got the recipe from a Navy Wives cookbook.
Since I am Primal now it needed to change a bit!
I don't have a photo because I thought I already had one.  Darn!!

BBQ Franks

1 medium onion, chopped
2T bacon grease
½ t raw honey
1t dry mustard

salt and pepper
1t smoked paprika
1/2c ketchup (paleo/primal style, if you have some made)
1/2c water
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
1T Worcestershire Sauce
1 pack of franks (I used Applegate’s)


Cook onion in oil until golden.
Add rest of ingredients except for franks. Split the franks the long way, place cut side down in baking dish.
Pour BBQ sauce over them.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.

No comments: