Thursday, August 29, 2013

Paleo Cocoa Puffs Cereal by way of PaleOMG and Real Sustenance

Yesterday I was surfing on Facebook and came across this post from PaleOMG: Guest Post: Paleo Cocoa Puffs with this photo.


Here is Juli's post with the recipe. Or get it here Paleo Cocoa Puffs Cereal. (Gluten/Dairy/Refined Sugar Free) from Real Sustenance. Please look at both of these blogs.  They are fantastic!!

I said to myself, "OK, this is one recipe I have to try."  My kid loves cereal and since we are trying not to eat grains she had to give cereal up. I had all of the ingredients so I made the puffs.


 These are the "puffs" before they went into the oven.

These are baked halfway. See how much larger they got!

These are finished baking.

These taste so good!!  My daughter had some for breakfast this morning as cereal.  She only ate a little bit before she felt full.  The puffs are great as a snack too.  They get very crispy like amaretti cookies.  It got over 60 with this batch.  I put half of them in the freezer for another time.  A person COULD make a sandwich cookie with these using coconut butter as a filling.

No comments: