Thursday, September 12, 2013

Banana Pancakes

I had two bananas to use up.  If I make banana bread I am usually the only one to eat it.  I don't need that!!
I am always trying to recreate fried bananas that I had as a kid when we lived in Guam.  They were so good.
I have never had anything like them since.

So today I made these.

Banana Pancakes

2 ripe bananas
1 egg
2 T tapioca starch
a dash or two of salt
1 t baking powder - I use Rumford
1/2 t freshly grated nutmeg

Mash the bananas in a bowl.
Add the egg and beat.
Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Let the batter sit a minute so the baking powder starts to work.

Put a few spoonfuls in a medium hot pan with a little melted ghee. You need to cook these on a lower heat because they will burn on the outside and still be raw inside.

Yield: 3-4 waffles or 8 pancakes

Boy, were these tasty!!

This is what the mixture looks like.

Yummy

I wondered how these would be if I cooked them in the waffle iron.  So I tried it.

The waffles came out well but they were not crispy.  The batter did not stick to the iron.  I had to make the second one on a lower heat setting.  I liked them!!  So sweet.  I did not have to add anything except a bit of butter!

1 comment:

Lutfi Kurniawan said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.