Monday, September 16, 2013

BBQ Chicken Salad


I made BBQ Crockpot Chicken  last night.  My husband wanted it on some romaine with greek olives.
The chicken was so delicious but don't let it overcook.

People are always posting photos and recipes on Facebook. There was an interesting one the other day. Of course I have to make it primal.

Original recipe:
Sweet Baby Ray's Crockpot Chicken

4-6 chicken breast
1 btl Sweet Baby Ray's sauce
1/4 c vinegar
1 tsp red pepper flakes
1/4 c brown sugar
1 tsp garlic powder
Mix everything but chicken
Place chicken in crockpot (frozen is ok)
Pour sauce mixture over chicken
Cook on low 4-6 hours
Be sure to SHARE so this stays on your timeline. For more healthy recipes and weight loss encouragement check us out 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237334256346297/ 

I remade this recipe with an idea posted by Vanessa @ Healthy Living How To on Facebook. She's got a great website about low carb and healthy living.

BBQ Crockpot Chicken

4-6 chicken breasts
6 oz can of tomato paste
1/2 c Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 c water
1/4 t red pepper flakes
Fresh Cracked Pepper to taste

Mix the ingredients together and pour over chicken breasts in crockpot. Cook on low for 4 hours. 

I used frozen chicken so I cooked it on high.
I made my own BBQ sauce instead of using the bottled sauce mentioned in the original recipe.
I did not need the sugar from the original recipe because of the sweetness of the balsamic vinegar. 

No comments: