Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Primal Pancakes

We love pancakes.  Hot, fluffy, grainy goodness - but no grains allowed anymore!  I tried the Almond Banana Pancakes at Marks Daily Apple.  Sophia didn't care for them.  So I came up with my own recipe.

1/2 c almond flour
1/4 c coconut flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder (buy Rumford Baking Powder, no aluminum ***)
1/2 tsp maple extract
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 c sour milk - I add a T of vinegar to milk to sour it - you can use buttermilk also
1 egg
Olive oil for cooking

1. Mix dry ingredients in medium bowl. 
2. Mix wet ingredients in small bowl.
3. Mix together and place a SMALL amount on frying pan coated with oil.
4. Carefully flip when pancake is firm.
5. Enjoy....With some butter and a drizzle of honey.

You may need to add a little more milk to the batter if the flours soak it all up!

I ate a bunch of these and did not feel like I needed a nap afterwards!

*** Why is there aluminum in baking powder??  That is just stupid.You don't need it to bake or cook with.  Why add another bad thing to your body! I have been using this brand for over 26 years.  It's great!!

No comments: