Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cinnamon French Toast Bake

 We awoke this morning to a gray day.  Not another...uggh.....yesterday it started out gray but by 2:30 pm it was warm and sunny.  It was gorgeous.  If I had an outside chair I would have sat out.  Now it's snowing like crazy.  Weird weather...
I was hungry this morning but I wasn't in the mood for eggs. Yesterday I was flipping through the channels and came across a show on the Cooking Channel where the ladies were making french toast with Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls.  It looked really good!  My last trip to BJ's I bought a box of Grands Cinnamon rolls.  So I thought I would try the recipe.

Here's the dish before I put it in the oven.

After it finished baking.....Yummy.



INGREDIENTS
French Toast Bake
1/4 cup LAND O LAKES® Butter, melted
2 cans (12.4 oz each) Pillsbury® refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
6 Eggland's Best eggs
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup Fisher® Chef's Naturals® Chopped Pecans
1 cup maple syrup
Garnish
Icing from cinnamon rolls
Powdered sugar
1/2 cup maple syrup, if desired
 
DIRECTIONS
  • 1 Heat oven to 375°F. Pour melted butter into ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish. Separate both cans of dough into 16 rolls; set icing aside. Cut each roll into 8 pieces; place pieces over butter in dish.
  • 2 In medium bowl, beat eggs. Beat in cream, cinnamon and vanilla until well blended; gently pour over roll pieces. Sprinkle with pecans; drizzle with 1 cup syrup.
  • 3 Bake 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, remove covers from icing; microwave on Medium (50%) 10 to 15 seconds or until thin enough to drizzle.
  • 4 Drizzle icing over top; sprinkle with powdered sugar. If desired, spoon syrup from dish over individual servings. Serve with the additional 1/2 cup maple syrup.
I changed things up by using Grands Rolls instead of regular cinnamon rolls and some molasses and regular syrup instead of maple syrup (I didn't have any).
I only made half a recipe. I should have used a dish with a flat bottom because it was not baked all the way through.
I really liked this recipe and will make it again.

No comments: