Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Blueberry Muffins

Sophia loves blueberry muffins, especially these packs of Entenmenn's Little Bites.
But since we went Primal -  those are OUT!! Just call me Heidi!!
 I found this recipe on PaleoPeriodical.com.  It's for Blueberry Apricot Cardamom Muffins.  I made a half batch for Sophia but she did not like the cardamom.  A shame because I love cardamom!!
So yesterday I made a half batch of the recipe and changed out the cardamom for 1/4 tsp of cinnamon and 1/8 tsp of ground cloves.  I also substituted 3 dried figs for the apricots.
I made 30 mini muffins instead of regular sized muffins.  I baked them at 350F for 8-10 minutes.  They are very moist and yummy!!!

Sophia loved them.  I packed some extras in her lunch to share with her friends, as they are always asking her about eating Primal.

No comments: