Saturday, October 29, 2011

Herb Cheese Primal Bread

I saw this recipe for Herby Cheese Bread in the Back To School 2011 edition of the Penzeys Spices catalog.  Funny that I found it online (on another site).  I needed something else to serve with the Chili I made.  So I decided to make it Primal.

3 c almond flour
1/2 c coconut flour
6 T butter, melted
1 egg
1 t salt
1/8 t Thyme
1/2 t Rosemary
1/2 t Sage
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 2/3 c milk
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 c cheddar cheese chunks

Preheat oven to 350F. Grease loaf pan. 

Melt butter in a 2 qt bowl in microwave.
Add dry ingredients in large bowl. Mix well together.
Add milk, egg and vinegar to the melted butter. Stir.
Add to dry ingredients.  Mix well.
Add cheese. 

Put dough into loaf pan.  Bake for 50-60 minutes or until done.

Enjoy!  Very good toasted too!

No comments: