Sunday, August 28, 2011

Fruit Crisp

After we got home from shopping yesterday, I needed to use up some fruit.  Sophia did not like the grapes she decided to get so I said let's make some fruit crisp - the Primal way!


Fruit Crisp
1 cup muscadine grapes, halved, skinned and seeded
2 red delicious apples, cores removed, chopped
2 white peaches, stone removed, chopped

I heated the fruit in a saucepan for about 15 minutes at a simmer to soften the apples a bit. Let cool.

Crisp
1/3 cup almond meal
1/4 cup each of chopped walnuts and pecans
1 T softened butter
Mix together.

Place fruit into pie plate.  Sprinkle crisp mixture on top. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Serve warm with whipped cream.

****You can use whatever fruits and nuts you have on hand.  Also the nuts can be toasted in the oven at 350F until you smell them, usually 5-8 minutes. Let them cool and then chop.  They are much tastier.  I would have done that but I wasn't thinking!!

No comments: