Monday, August 1, 2011

Have you heard of Paleo/Primal Eating?

You know what?  I am sick of feeling tired all the time. I get more pimples now than I did as a teenager.  Why??  Could it be what I eat?  I confess that I am not the best at eating what I am supposed to.  I love doughnuts and potato chips!!  I am not a sugaraholic but I do craves sweets at certain times during the month.  I have cut back to one Dr. Pepper a day.  I used to drink at least a 6 pack a day a few years ago.

On FB, I like a page called What's in your kitchen?. A couple of weeks ago Chris posted this http://desertcrossfit.typepad.com/Paleo_Food_List.pdf. I thought it was interesting.

Then I found this site thru a person from What's in your kitchen? http://www.marksdailyapple.com/ . Mark eats a primal diet, which is a little different from the paleo diet. I read more and more about this.

I had problems with migraines in the late 80's and the 90's.  In the early 90's I got checked out by doctors and ended up gaining a lot of weight from the medications that were prescribed to "help" my migraines.  These pills did not help at all.  I cannot lose weight and keep it off. Part of it is my age and part of it is I go back to bad eating!
Once I tried a diet recommended by my parents' doctor.  I gained 10 lbs in a week.  I think it was from all the grains on the diet.

SO ....I am attempting to eat the Primal way.  I started on Saturday.  I did very well.  But I still had that niggling in my head...I gotta eat, I gotta eat - even though I was not hungry.  Or I was feeling sick in my stomach.  Why?  Is it my brain trying to psyche me out because I am changing a few things? Crazy, huh!!

I will use this blog to document my progress!
I am going to eat differently and try to walk everyday (which I can do now that we have moved to a better area - let's hope the temps go down a bit.  It's hard when it is 100/37 degrees everyday.)

What to eat for breakfast?  I think I will have some scrambled eggs seasoned with Sunny Paris Seasoning from Penzey's.  I can have butter and not feel guilty.  I will probably have some fruit too, maybe some strawberries and a fresh peach we got at the farmer's market on Saturday!  Then I will walk over to the office and pay the rent!!

No comments: