Friday, August 26, 2011

Portable Snacks

Sophia was told that she needs to have portable snacks to eat in the morning on her way to a class because her team eats the late lunch.  Her homeroom teacher told the kids to eat chips or a granola bar.  WHAT??  She told her teacher she cannot eat those items!  Good for her!!
Sophia is trying to eat primal with me. Today I sent mozzarella sticks for her.  I am slamming my head against the wall to figure out what else to give her. Yesterday she had cut carrots in her lunch but forgot about them so she didn't get a snack and was starving the whole morning, although she did have an egg and a little bit of fruit for breakfast.  Maybe I should hard boil a few eggs for her snack.
I found Caveman Crunch Bars or Cranberry Orange Scones from CivilizedCavemanCooking.com. AND
GrainFree Granola Bars and Grain Free Gluten Free Graham Crackers.
I am still waiting for my coconut flour to arrive. I must let Sophia check out these recipes and see what intrigues her.  If you have any suggestions, please comment!

No comments: